- A lymphocyte able to bind to certain tumor cells and virus-infected cells without the stimulation of antigens, and kill them by the insertion of granules containing perforin.More example sentences
- Animal studies indicate that it enhances the immune system by stimulating natural killer cells and T cells, and by decreasing cancerous tumor's size.
- These cytokines recruit and activate neutrophils, lymphocytes, macrophages, eosinophils, and natural killer cells at the site of infection.
- However, these lymphocytes have very few natural killer cells and low antitumor cytolytic activity.
More definitions of natural killer cellDefinition of natural killer cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary