- The expected span of a person’s life or a thing’s existence under normal circumstances: a man sentenced to spend the rest of his natural life in prisonMore example sentences
- The inherited traits of the rats in question mean they would normally be nearly blind to detail by three months old and their natural life span is only a year or two.
- They need to spend the rest of their natural lives rotting in prison.
- The judge admitted he was only able to set a minimum tariff of just over five years, but he added he hoped the man would ‘spend the rest of his natural life in prison’.
More definitions of natural lifeDefinition of natural life in:
- The British & World English dictionary