- 1A feeling of sickness with an inclination to vomit.More example sentences
- Only a few patients experienced postoperative nausea, so any statistical evaluation would be meaningless.
- Cancer chemotherapy can cause severe nausea, vomiting, and abdominal discomfort, which can limit therapy.
- Side effects of metformin include mild nausea, diarrhoea, and abdominal bloating.
- 1.1Loathing; revulsion: intended to induce a feeling of nostalgia, it only induces in me a feeling of nausea
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek nausia, from naus 'ship'.