Definition of nauseating in English:
Causing or liable to cause a feeling of nausea or disgust; disgusting: the stench became nauseating some nauseating, sentimental ditty
More example sentences
- Being rushed to hospital by ambulance can be a nauseating business.
- Important factual aspects to the plot are meted out in small nuggets of narrative mashed between massive marathons of nauseating nonsense.
- Rarely has there been a more nauseating sight in a Scottish newspaper.
- Example sentences
- The last time I visited Soho's media haunt I was beset by some young filmmakers so nauseatingly full of their own self-importance that I had to walk away from them in mid-gush.
- And that nauseatingly cloying sentiment is driving me nuts.
- Only viewers with a taste for nauseatingly violent B-grade comedy will appreciate its well-hidden genius.
Pronunciation: /ˈnôzēˌādiNGlē/ /ˈnôZHēˌādiNGlē/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.