- A yearbook containing astronomical and sometimes also tidal and other information for navigators.More example sentences
- Its development was funded in part by the British government on the grounds that the nautical almanac used for navigational purposes by the Royal Navy and merchant shipping was rife with anomalies.
- It includes a perpetual nautical almanac for navigational stars as well as the Moon, Sun and planets.
- Prior to 1925, in astronomical and nautical almanacs, a day of Greenwich Mean Time began at noon.
More definitions of nautical almanacDefinition of nautical almanac in:
- The British & World English dictionary