- Self-indulgent or excessive contemplation of oneself or a single issue, at the expense of a wider view: he lapsed into his customary navel-gazing [as modifier]: navel-gazing New Age typesMore example sentences
- Thankfully, though, I believe that the Scottish art world has wider horizons than such navel-gazing, self-pitying introspection.
- This amounts to five hundred pages of self-obsessed navel-gazing, interspersed with intense bouts of self-loathing and lame jokes.
- It's just been a constant round of self-obsessed navel-gazing here recently, so I thought that you might like me to return to some form of banality.
More definitions of navel-gazingDefinition of navel-gazing in:
- The British & World English dictionary