Definition of navelwort in English:
A low plant of the borage family that resembles the forget-me-not and is cultivated for ground cover and rock gardens.
- Genus Omphalodes, family Boraginaceae: several species, including O. cappadocica, widely introduced from Turkey
- But shrubs are bigger than the little navelworts, and our garden space is finite.
- Prominent conglomerate crags occur at two locations, the faces well-vegetated with navelwort, common polypody, other herbs, ferns, and mosses.
- Examples of this are certain aeoniums like A. nobilis, A. tabulaeforme, Agave victoria-regina, some large rosulate tillandsias, navelworts, etc.
Definition of navelwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.