Definition of navelwort in English:
A low plant of the borage family that resembles the forget-me-not and is cultivated for ground cover and rock gardens.
- Genus Omphalodes, family Boraginaceae: several species, including O. cappadocica, widely introduced from Turkey
- But shrubs are bigger than the little navelworts, and our garden space is finite.
- Prominent conglomerate crags occur at two locations, the faces well-vegetated with navelwort, common polypody, other herbs, ferns, and mosses.
- Examples of this are certain aeoniums like A. nobilis, A. tabulaeforme, Agave victoria-regina, some large rosulate tillandsias, navelworts, etc.
Definition of navelwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan