Definition of navigation in English:
1The process or activity of accurately ascertaining one’s position and planning and following a route.
- Its flight control, navigation and vehicle management are independent and based on a mission plan.
- Phoenix will be used as a demonstrator for the autonomous navigation and flight-control system used for the final approach and landing of the unmanned vehicle.
- While on the route, the aircraft practice visual low-level navigation, simulated threat reactions and simulated target attacks.
2The passage of ships: bridges to span rivers without hindering navigation
More example sentences
- Rivers were open to ship navigation at that time.
- The emphasis is on railway transport, river navigation receiving less attention.
- As we have seen, however, the practical exercise of a right to arrest ships in passage poses serious dangers to navigation, and it is rarely used as a means of enforcing anti-pollution regulations.
- Example sentences
- The new free charts must be downloaded into a navigational software program that runs on a personal computer.
- Her current task is to undertake survey work, updating existing charts and navigational resources.
- Even the ability to get to the island in the first place requires advanced seafaring and navigational skills!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.