- Originally called; born (used before the name by which a man was originally known): Al Kelly, né KabishMore example sentences
- Jean-Pierre Melville, né Grumbach, took his name from his favourite author.
- Ron Oddyssey, né Ronald Edward Keller of Melbourne, was someone I knew in college and am still looking for to this day.
- Koning, né Koningsberger, escaped the Nazi occupation of The Netherlands in 1940 by fleeing to Britain.
1930s: French, literally 'born', masculine past participle of naître; compare with née.
More definitions of NEDefinition of né in:
- The British & World English dictionary