A native or citizen of Naples.
- They wanted to feel Collodi's words come alive and longed to see someone interpret his political and social satire skills in the ways only a native Neapolitan or son of Sicily could.
- Arthur Schwartz, in Naples at Table, notes that while the Neapolitans are known for their profligate use of garlic, onion figures in just as many dishes.
- The drawbacks, she said, are more than compensated by an environment rich in natural beauty and architectural history, and the warm, embracing Neapolitans and their deep-rooted sense of family.
Relating to Naples.
- In Genoa they like Ligurian paintings, in Naples, Neapolitan paintings.
- Naples and Neapolitan cookery, with dialect terms, were featured again by Cavalcanti, who can be regarded as the first regional cookery writer of Italy.
- There is, in fact, a tradition in Naples that the Neapolitan system of swordplay contains some Spanish elements.
Words that rhyme with Neapolitancosmopolitan, megalopolitan, metropolitan
Definition of Neapolitan in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.