- Make neat; arrange in an orderly, tidy way: she made an attempt to neaten her hairMore example sentences
- The desk was piled with books and paper, it looked like someone had made a half-hearted attempt to neaten the stacks.
- Her thin hands slide over her clothes and hair, trying to neaten her appearance.
- I was thinking about neatening it up and presenting it online in a more clearly worked-through form, but perhaps this is as good a time as any…
More definitions of neatenDefinition of neaten in:
- The British & World English dictionary