(also nebular theory)
- The theory that the solar and stellar systems were developed from a primeval nebula.More example sentences
- First we had the Copernican revolution, then Kant put forward the nebular theory of the evolution of solar systems.
- Pierre Laplace, an open atheist, published his nebular hypothesis in 1796.
- Evolutionists believe that the solar system condensed out of a cloud of gas and dust called a nebula, hence the nebular hypothesis.
More definitions of nebular hypothesisDefinition of nebular hypothesis in:
- The British & World English dictionary