Another term for determinist (see determinism).
- Hume defends the necessitarian point of view by arguing that all human actions are caused by antecedent motives.
- A recent elucidation of a necessitarian approach to causality is found in Harre and Madden.
- Early modern historians are at last freeing themselves from the thrall of a typology which has conditioned them to accept necessitarian theories of change based on nineteenth- and twentieth-century events.
- Example sentences
- The only argument I know of for truthmaker necessitarianism is that given by David Armstrong.
- This, the usual and most logical form of necessitarianism, is called the mechanical philosophy.
- Then in his responses to necessitarianism Leibniz can say that the necessitarianism he's avoiding is a logical necessitarianism.
Words that rhyme with necessitarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of necessitarian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.