Definition of necklace in English:
1An ornamental chain or string of beads, jewels, or links worn around the neck.
- Patrick has black spiky hair and wears a beaded necklace around his neck.
- She placed her favorite gold necklace around her neck.
- She wore a matching pearl necklace and had a dark complexion with bright brown eyes.
verb[with object] Back to top
(Chiefly in South Africa) kill (someone) with a tire necklace.
- The angry residents, definitely frustrated with the law enforcement approach to their distress calls, after slaughtering the bandits, even necklaced the corpses with tyres so that they could torch them.
- ‘And in some ways the fear is that you will be necklaced here,’ he noted, ‘[that] you will have a flaming tire of lack of patriotism put around your neck.’
- To this, Rasulullah replied, ‘If you wish to be necklaced with a garland of fire, you may accept it.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan