Definition of necrosis in English:
The death of most or all of the cells in an organ or tissue due to disease, injury, or failure of the blood supply.
- As the disease progresses, necrosis and liver cell death may lead to fibrosis.
- The combination increases the risk of soft tissue necrosis and osteonecrosis.
- Multifocal calcifications associated with tumor cell necrosis were also seen.
- Example sentences
- The strangulated haemorrhoid becomes necrotic and sloughs off, while the underlying tissue undergoes fixation by fibrotic wound healing.
- It is postulated that the necrotic lung granulomas are related to ischemia from the nearby vasculitis.
- The granuloma becomes necrotic and drops off within seven to 14 days.
Words that rhyme with necrosisapotheosis, chlorosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, kenosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, sclerosis, symbiosis, thrombosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India