Definition of nectarine in English:
1A peach of a variety with smooth, thin, brightly colored skin and rich firm flesh.
- Infestations of grapes are often due to a buildup in other soft fruits such as figs, apricots, peaches, nectarines, or citrus.
- White nectarines and peaches are fine, but the yellow nectarine is really something else - smooth-skinned and warmly sweet and the color of sunshine.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet, add the nectarine flesh, the balsamic vinegar, pepper flakes, cumin seeds and 1 Tbsp lime juice.
1.1The tree bearing the nectarine.
- A tub of bulbs (I can't remember whether they're the snowdrops or the tulips) are pushing through; the nectarine in the sun room is growing leaves and flower buds and the blueberries outside are also budding.
- More than 50 varieties of peaches, nectarines, apricots and low-chill plums grew in Sam's orchard, but many were recently lost to floods.
- At Comebella she planted orchards - oranges, lemons, apples, nectarines, peaches; and a great luscious garden of trees and flowers enclosed the farmhouse.
Definition of nectarine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia