Definition of needlepoint in English:
1Embroidery worked over canvas, typically in a diagonal stitch covering the entire surface of the fabric.
- The stitchers display dazzling skill and finesse, creating textured surfaces of petit point, needlepoint, beading, embroidery, appliqué, smocking and macramé.
- So, that crossed out needlepoint, knitting and embroidery, as well.
- But she did beautiful needlepoint and embroidery when she actually sat down to work on it.
verb[with object] Back to top
Embroider in needlepoint.
- I imagine a sort of holding area for souls, not unlike the D.M.V. My mother, in her surgical gown, needlepointing, waiting for her number to be called.
- Despite all the creative threads being spun, pulling together this site had the potential to be as awkward as needlepointing a three-piece suit.
- An antique chair that was needlepointed by duPont raised $15,000 at the inaugural Thoroughbred Charities Auction held in the Moelis's living room.
Words that rhyme with needlepointmidpoint • pinpoint
Definition of needlepoint in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan