noun (plural needlewomen)
- A woman or girl who has particular sewing skills or who sews for a living.More example sentences
- The schoolgirls were attending the first of two 10-day courses arranged by the firm to introduce the needlewoman of the future to the art of mechanical sewing.
- Daughters of affluent parents had the option of taking advanced instruction from an expert needlewoman capable of teaching many of the diverse branches of needlework.
- The Bayeux Tapestry was embroidered by English needlewomen, although it is generally thought to be a rather inferior example of Anglo-Saxon needlework despite it's huge size.
More definitions of needlewomanDefinition of needlewoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary