- 1The art or practice of sewing or embroidery: Mrs. Zurndorfer specializes in needleworkMore example sentences
- A sewing group specialising in cross-stitch, embroidery, quilting and needlework meets on Mondays from 11 am to midday.
- But very often the image is enhanced by decorative needlework (embroidery).
- Erris is renowned for many things including its outstanding tradition in exquisite hand crafts like lace making, crochet, needlework and knitting.
- 1.1Sewn or embroidered items collectively: exhibits include European and Eastern needleworkMore example sentences
- This rare early Philadelphia needlework was included in the important exhibition entitled American Rococo, first held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City in 1992.
- Bess was a very keen gardener and flowers and plants feature in the Elizabethan needlework and tapestries in the house.
- The wide range of works includes quilts, rugs, needlework, paintings, works on paper, weather vanes, whirligigs, decoys, and painted furniture.
- More example sentences
- The program for ‘Resolutions’ was developed cooperatively, beginning with a meeting in early 1994 between Chicago and a core group of half a dozen needleworkers who assembled in her studio in Albuquerque.
- To meet the inherent challenge of harmonizing a variety of capabilities in a group endeavor, Chicago proposed, and all the needleworkers agreed, to use the same background color fade, the same techniques and a common border.
- It was just after finishing the ‘Holocaust Project’ that Chicago began to talk to the needleworkers about creating a group of positive images to express the concept of healing or repairing the world.