Definition of needy in English:
adjective (needier, neediest)
1(Of a person) lacking the necessities of life; very poor: needy and elderly people
More example sentences
- The foremost vision of the Trust is to provide affordable Nursing Education to the needy students from poor and under privileged families.
- Old students also volunteered to help poor and needy students.
- Parvaiz was a silent social worker who saved many lives by donating blood to poor and needy patients and diving into the said river to save lives.
- Example sentences
- The abuse of power is rooted in the abusive family member's extreme emotional deprivation and neediness.
- Frank sang aggressively, peremptorily, without really expecting an answer; there is desperation and neediness in Nora's voice, but I don't hear her as genuinely asking a question either.
- He believes that conservatives tend to be people whose psychological needs went unmet in childhood, and who survived this early impoverishment by developing contempt for their own neediness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan