- Evidence for a theory provided by the nonoccurrence or absence of something.More example sentences
- Recent studies examining the effects of explicit positive evidence and/or negative evidence in formal learning provide an important test of the theory.
- But many other major positive categories have been ignored, and when what purports to be a weighing of evidence only takes into account negative evidence, the result is foam.
- Hypotheses built upon negative evidence, in this case the absence of the volcanic ash, both in the coal or in any surrounding areas, carry a considerable burden of proof.
More definitions of negative evidenceDefinition of negative evidence in:
- The British & World English dictionary