- A woman’s light dressing gown, typically made of a filmy, soft fabric.More example sentences
- Then you come swooping in, wearing some lacy negligee and a silk dressing gown.
- At this stage in the development of the archetypal pin-up photograph, there was still more satin than skin, with the figure hugging satin gowns and silk negligees being the props de rigueur.
- She was lounging in a silk negligee, covered up with a bed robe.
mid 18th century (denoting a kind of loose gown worn by women in the 18th century): from French, literally 'given little thought or attention', feminine past participle of négliger 'to neglect'.
More definitions of negligeeDefinition of negligee in:
- The British & World English dictionary