Definition of negligence in English:
1Failure to take proper care in doing something: some of these accidents are due to negligence
More example sentences
- Any casualty due to their negligence must be put up for a PIL and proper compensation demanded.
- We cannot just say it was not negligence without a proper investigation.
- Death due to negligence occurred in one per cent of this group.
1.1 Law Failure to use reasonable care, resulting in damage or injury to another.
- They could be facing charges of criminal negligence causing death and injury.
- I was open to persuasion that the actual facts before the court did not disclose a case of negligence that had any reasonable prospect of success.
- Their claim is based in contract and tort and includes allegations of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.