Definition of negligence in English:
1Failure to take proper care in doing something: some of these accidents are due to negligence
More example sentences
- Any casualty due to their negligence must be put up for a PIL and proper compensation demanded.
- We cannot just say it was not negligence without a proper investigation.
- Death due to negligence occurred in one per cent of this group.
1.1 Law Failure to use reasonable care, resulting in damage or injury to another.
- They could be facing charges of criminal negligence causing death and injury.
- I was open to persuasion that the actual facts before the court did not disclose a case of negligence that had any reasonable prospect of success.
- Their claim is based in contract and tort and includes allegations of negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan