Definition of neighborly in English:
Characteristic of a good neighbor, especially helpful, friendly, or kind.
- We have gone out of our way to be as friendly and neighbourly as possible but it has been thrown back in our faces.
- Too bad it had to get to a lawsuit, for one would hope that neighbourly friendship would try a bit harder to resolve matters.
- China has always attached great importance to developing friendly, neighborly ties with Japan.
- Example sentences
- There are six awards that honour the achievements of young people, good neighbourliness, care in the community, protecting the environment, sporting success and the employee of the year.
- The sun, his friend for the moment, seemed sullen today, not wishing to warm the straw and heat his limbs in any magnanimous act of good neighbourliness.
- It is also hoped that it will promote a greater interaction and enhance the bond of neighbourliness and personal friendship that we all desire.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.