- A wrestling hold in which one arm is passed under the opponent’s arm from behind and the hand is applied to the neck ( half nelson), or both arms and hands are applied ( full nelson).More example sentences
- As Thirteen draped his arm over the boards for support, Nick quickly pulled Thirteen back to his feet, nimbly swung around Six-Three's shoulders behind his back, and snapped a tight full nelson on Six-Three's neck.
- Matt applies a full nelson with body scissors, and we get a speech from Coach and Al about how people might think Matt's not doing anything right now, but he totally is.
- Show had Holly in a full nelson when Mysterio tried to attack Show from behind with a chair, but Show punched the chair into Rey.
late 19th century: apparently from the surname Nelson, but the reference is unknown.
More definitions of nelsonDefinition of nelson in:
- The British & World English dictionary