Definition of nematocide in English:
A substance used to kill nematode worms.
- Only one nematicide (aldicarb, Temik 15G) appears to be economical for control of SCN under Ohio conditions, but it will likely be removed from the market.
- Injection or incorporation into the soil, as in the case of nematicides, makes the pesticide most readily available for leaching.
- Second, it is difficult, but not impossible, to grow great roses without the use of chemical pesticides, such as insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides and acaracides (spiders).
- Example sentences
- The nematocidal drug ivermectin is believed to kill worms by opening a glutamate-gated chloride channel on pharyngeal muscle, causing complete pumping inhibition.
- A constituent that has no nematocidal activity may produce bursting when combined with a nematocidal agent.
- The present invention relates to a new nematocidal agent particularly useful against plant parasitic nematodes and also to a process to prevent damage resulting from nematode infection.
Definition of nematocide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan