Definition of nematocide in English:
A substance used to kill nematode worms.
- Only one nematicide (aldicarb, Temik 15G) appears to be economical for control of SCN under Ohio conditions, but it will likely be removed from the market.
- Injection or incorporation into the soil, as in the case of nematicides, makes the pesticide most readily available for leaching.
- Second, it is difficult, but not impossible, to grow great roses without the use of chemical pesticides, such as insecticides, miticides, fungicides, nematicides and acaracides (spiders).
- Example sentences
- The nematocidal drug ivermectin is believed to kill worms by opening a glutamate-gated chloride channel on pharyngeal muscle, causing complete pumping inhibition.
- A constituent that has no nematocidal activity may produce bursting when combined with a nematocidal agent.
- The present invention relates to a new nematocidal agent particularly useful against plant parasitic nematodes and also to a process to prevent damage resulting from nematode infection.
Definition of nematocide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.