Definition of nematology in English:
The scientific study of nematode worms.
- Coauthor James E. Lloyd, perhaps the foremost expert on firefly taxonomy in the world, is a professor of entomology and nematology at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
- The authors have combined their experience in entomology, weed science, and nematology / plant pathology to organize this textbook into 20 logically sequenced chapters.
- Don Dickson, professor of nematology at the University of Florida, has been working with a new 15-inch para-chisel, which is set at a 45-degree angle.
- Example sentences
- This section gives information about upcoming meetings that may be of interest to nematologists in the region.
- Chief nematologists also need to have basic training in agronomy and help improve overall farming productivity.
- His scientific interests centered around the nematodes, a group of animals which he probably knew better than any other nematologist of his time.
Definition of nematology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.