Definition of neoconservative in English:
Relating to or denoting a return to a modified form of a traditional viewpoint, in particular a political ideology characterized by an emphasis on free-market capitalism and an interventionist foreign policy.
- A hegemonic spirit nonetheless underlies both the liberal activism and the neoconservative unilateralism evident in much of recent American foreign policy.
- However, to speak against the neoconservative Republican and liberal Democrat ideal of a powerful central government is as impermissible as to utter words deemed to offend the legally privileged.
- But when a neoconservative Republican and a liberal Democrat can agree on an issue it gives me hope for the future of political discourse in the blogosphere.
nounBack to top
A person with neoconservative views.
- The collapse of the vital center pushed neoconservatives and the Democratic Party leadership in opposite directions.
- Current US assertiveness cannot be seen simply as resulting from the short-sighted view of a few neoconservatives giddy at the thought of all those bombs.
- The notorious unilateralism of the neoconservatives in Washington never boded well for the billing of Cancun as a more consensual round of talks.
- Example sentences
- But although neoconservatism is almost always globalist, it is not intrinsically identical with globalism.
- He might have described himself as a conservative social democrat, of the sort that might plausibly gravitate toward neoconservatism.
- In this sense the WTO and NAFTA constitutionalized the ideological program of neoconservatism, representing a colossal breakthrough toward creating a global market unrestrained by government.
Definition of neoconservative in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan