Definition of neoliberal in English:
Relating to a modified form of liberalism tending to favor free-market capitalism.
- The overthrow of neo-liberal capitalism involves revolution in a national framework, even if that is not the end of the process.
- The vote was against unbridled neo-liberal capitalism, not for nationalism.
- Given the above, it is both desirable and possible for neo-liberal policies and unfettered capitalism to be resisted and challenged.
nounBack to top
A person holding neoliberal views.
- A false separation between culture and class has made the left less adept at doing what the right and neoliberals have done: link issues of sexuality, race and gender to their corporate economy agenda.
- Convinced that property is good, and that creating more property rights is better, neoliberals are primed to hand out patents on gene sequences and stem cell lines and copyrights on compilations of facts.
- And without the rhetoric of liberation, how could our American neoliberals possibly cover the nakedness of their collaboration with U.S. imperialism?
- Example sentences
- There will be discussions on the war, privatisation, neo-liberalism, democracy, the environment and much more.
- It denounces not merely neo-liberalism, but also capitalism itself.
- In the policy world, neo-liberalism is identified with the promotion of capitalism and Western democratic values and institutions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan