- A style of abstract painting developed by Piet Mondrian, using only vertical and horizontal lines and rectangular shapes in black, white, gray, and primary colors.More example sentences
- The term neoplasticism was coined by Mondrian's friend the Dutch mathematician and theosophist M.J.H. Schoenmaekers.
- The repercussions of neoplasticism have been widespread, affecting not only art but design and architecture as well.
- It may also require his personality, for the equilibrium of neoplasticism was his answer to the anarchy and sensuality of organic nature that he found so repugnant.
1920s: coined by Piet Mondrian.
More definitions of neoplasticismDefinition of neoplasticism in:
- The British & World English dictionary