- 1.1Of or relating to nephritis.More example sentences
- Children who present with overlapping features of both nephrotic and nephritic syndromes should undergo thorough serological testing to narrow down the differential diagnosis.
- The classic presentation of poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis is a full-blown nephritic syndrome with oliguric acute renal failure.
- Increased levels occur in hypothyroidism, nephritic syndrome, atherosclerosis, cirrhosis, diabetes, hypertension, excess dietary intake of triglycerides, alcoholism, familial hyperlipidemia, and oral contraceptive use.
early 19th century: via late Latin from Greek nephritikos 'of the kidneys' (see nephritis).
More definitions of nephriticDefinition of nephritic in:
- The British & World English dictionary