- Inflammation of the kidneys. Also called Bright's disease.More example sentences
- The three-year study showed these patients had interstitial nephritis (ie, inflamed kidney tissues) and severely damaged kidney tubules.
- Single cells will be found in nephritis, acute tubular necrosis, kidney transplant rejection and salicylate poisoning.
- A 25-year-old white female had an eight-year history of SLE with associated membranous nephritis, and hypertension.
late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek, from nephros 'kidney'.
More definitions of nephritisDefinition of nephritis in:
- The British & World English dictionary