Kidney disease, especially when characterized by edema and the loss of protein from the plasma into the urine due to increased glomerular permeability. Also called nephrotic syndrome.
- It's especially helpful in the diagnosis of nephritis and nephrosis.
- A 49-year-old Japanese man had a history of nephrosis, heavy alcohol consumption, diabetes mellitus, and liver cirrhosis and had been undergoing dialysis for 10 years.
- Nephrosis, a change in nephrons that is not inflammatory; nephrotic syndrome occurs when large amounts of protein are lost from the body through the urine, usually as a result of nephrosis.
- Example sentences
- The nephrotic syndrome and proteinuria in the nephrotic range localize the pathologic process to the glomerulus.
- Once active renal disease is no longer ongoing (that is, burned out), the patient may end up with nephrotic syndrome and a nephrotic urine.
- Five years ago she had a spontaneous abortion in the first trimester, complicated by hypertension and nephrotic proteinuria and was referred to an outpatient unit dedicated to diabetic patients with renal diseases.
Definition of nephrosis in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.