- A deposit of sand cutting through sedimentary strata in the manner of an igneous dike, formed by the filling of an underwater fissure.More example sentences
- Therefore we correlate the ash-fall episode recorded at Katraboca with that represented by the tuff filling the neptunian dyke of Liter.
- The sample was collected from the redeposited tuff filling a neptunian dyke in the SW wall of the Liter quarry.
- A neptunian dyke is a sheet of sediment or sedimentary rock, usually vertical or subvertical, which cuts across any other rock type and, at first glance, resembles an igneous dyke.
More definitions of neptunian dikeDefinition of neptunian dike in:
- The British & World English dictionary