- The production of insensibility in a part of the body by injecting an anesthetic close to the nerves that supply it.More example sentences
- The nurse instructs the patient to take pain medication before the peripheral nerve block wears off and before he or she can feel pain.
- An anesthesiologist usually is the physician performing the sympathetic nerve block and managing the patient's pain.
- If essential, pain relief and a local nerve block may be used to supplement conventional analgesia.
More definitions of nerve blockDefinition of nerve block in:
- The British & World English dictionary