- (In invertebrates such as coelenterates and flatworms) a diffuse network of neurons that conducts impulses in all directions from a point of stimulus.More example sentences
- The cnidarian homolog of the nervous system is a nerve net that is largely ectodermal.
- These rhopalial ganglia presumably sort this information and then distribute it to the appropriate effectors, the swim musculature, via the distributed nerve net of the subumbrella.
- The nerve net has been implicated in the behavioral coordination amongst polyps in the colony.
More definitions of nerve netDefinition of nerve net in:
- The British & World English dictionary