- Intense, typically intermittent pain along the course of a nerve, especially in the head or face.More example sentences
- Because it affects pain receptors, capsaicin is used as an analgesic in topical creams and ointments to treat the pain of arthritis, neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy.
- Neuronal inflammation and necrosis leads to severe pain or postherpetic neuralgia, which increases as the infection travels down the nerve.
- Its anti-inflammatory qualities can help with neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis, and externally its soothing and anti-bacterial properties will aid in the healing of burns, wounds and infections.
- More example sentences
- He was treated as an inpatient for three weeks, and after electromyography he was transferred to a specialist unit where he was found to have bilateral phrenic nerve palsies probably caused by neuralgic amyotrophy.
- Some patients also report dysthesia or neuralgic type pain in the buttocks or legs and malaise with fever.
- The oil of St. John's Wort which is made by macerating the flowers in vegetable oil, can be externally applied to relieve sciatica and other neuralgic pains including repetitive injuries such as carpal tunnel and tennis elbow.
More definitions of neuralgiaDefinition of neuralgia in:
- The British & World English dictionary