Definition of neuraminic acid in English:
A crystalline compound of which derivatives occur in many animal substances, chiefly as sialic acids.
- A sugar with amino and acid groups; chemical formula: C9H17NO8
- When a flu virus enters your nose, it latches onto the first thing it finds with a neuraminic acid on it, mucus.
- FIG. 3 is a mass spectrometric spectrum of N-glycolyl neuraminic acid obtained by the inventive method.
- Cutting out neuraminic acid from the cell membrane weakens the cell membrane.
Definition of neuraminic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.