Definition of neuropathology in English:
The branch of medicine concerned with diseases of the nervous system.
- Cushing believed that a properly trained neurosurgeon must also be a clinical and experimental neuroscientist, and have a good command of clinical neurology, neuropathology, and neurophysiology.
- The inclusion of photographs of some of the pioneers in neuropathology adds to the historical perspective of general pathology and neuropathology in particular.
- He was one of the last great figures of the classic period of German neuropathology.
- Example sentences
- These will not only shed light on what HIV does to the brain in naïve patients, but will also show some novel features of neuropathological aspects of HIV, which pre-HAART era in the developed countries missed out on.
- The clinical and neuropathological features of Kuru include those found in nvCJD, and both diseases involve the lymporeticular system.
- We postulate that a spectrum of clinical features is related to the intensity and type of injury in babies with inflicted brain injury, reconciling the clinical and neuropathological findings.
- Example sentences
- The unique usefulness of this book/atlas is the inclusion of many real-life case studies, which greatly help neuropathologists as well as clinicians understand the pathogenesis and pathology of peripheral nerve diseases.
- The eponymous term ‘Hallervorden - Spatz syndrome’ has fallen into disfavor in view of the unethical activities of the German neuropathologists Hallervorden and Spatz during World War II.
- Tumors of the pituitary gland are not included, and I believe they should have been, since in a number of places neuropathologists are involved in frozen section preparation and final diagnosis of these tumors.
Definition of neuropathology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.