Definition of new money in English:
1A fortune recently acquired; funds recently raised.
- If you've owned the fund shares long enough to still have a profit, it might be better to hold your position - and even add new money to that fund.
- The firm is expected to announce that it has raised £4.1m of new money and will have a market value of about £14m.
- Friends said the new money raised will improve its capital position and allow it to be more aggressive.
1.1Those whose wealth is recently acquired rather than inherited; the nouveau riche.
- D' Arcy knows that the money flowing into his shop is now as likely to be earned from web design as the nouveau needs of old new money.
- He's not quite sure who the Owens are, because they're new money.
Definition of new money in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan