1A fortune recently acquired; funds recently raised.
- If you've owned the fund shares long enough to still have a profit, it might be better to hold your position - and even add new money to that fund.
- The firm is expected to announce that it has raised £4.1m of new money and will have a market value of about £14m.
- Friends said the new money raised will improve its capital position and allow it to be more aggressive.
1.1Those whose wealth is recently acquired rather than inherited; the nouveau riche.
- D' Arcy knows that the money flowing into his shop is now as likely to be earned from web design as the nouveau needs of old new money.
- He's not quite sure who the Owens are, because they're new money.
Definition of new money in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.