- The method of calculating dates using the Gregorian calendar. The Gregorian superseded the Julian calendar in Britain, Ireland, and British colonies in 1752.More example sentences
- It was common even fifty years afterwards to refer to dates as either Old Style or New Style to distinguish pre-1752 ones from later ones and to refer to January 5 as Old Christmas Day.
- Kepler's birth data corresponds to 13: 53 GMT, 6th January 1572 New Style, lat: 47°N36’; long: 7°E39'.
- On the 13th of March, New Style, I was once again running errands for Mama throughout the palace.
More definitions of New StyleDefinition of New Style in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- Having a new style; different from and usually better than a previous version: a new-style retail and entertainment mixMore example sentences
- The following night the Petrello's took over the popular Nobu restaurant for a feast of new-style Japanese cuisine.
- He teams up with Sandra Bullock, a new-style nicey-nice police officer.
- Industry gave way to retail, as the road became one of the earliest location for the new-style retail warehouses.