Definition of newborn in English:
(Of a child or animal) recently or just born: newborn babies figurative a newborn star
More example sentences
- They will on some occasions attack small ailing domestic animals, newborn sheep and goats, eating parts of them.
- That may change soon thanks to a newborn calf born healthy to the first cow cloned from a beef carcass.
- He said the operation, known as gastric transposition, is more commonly used on newborn babies born with defects.
just born, recently born
nounBack to top
A recently born child or animal.
- Some Inuit newborns are born with high blood pressure that persists into elementary school.
- Yet teenagers need parental guidance and attention just as intensely as do newborns or young children.
- And it can be a problem not just for adults, but for children as young as newborns.