1A printed publication (usually issued daily or weekly) consisting of folded unstapled sheets and containing news, feature articles, advertisements, and correspondence.
- For the first time newspapers are carrying articles which ask openly about the future of the regime.
- An article in a newspaper or professional journal may suggest an issue for research.
- The Times newspaper also ran articles about a report of a massacre seven months earlier.
1.1The organization responsible for producing a particular newspaper.
- The votes have been subjected to several recounts by newspapers and other organizations.
- A responsible newspaper would not reduce this to a cheap campaign to get more readers.
- Indeed, some modern newspapers and book publishers could do with harder editors.
1.2 another term for newsprint.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.