- 1A printed publication (usually issued daily or weekly) consisting of folded unstapled sheets and containing news, feature articles, advertisements, and correspondence.More example sentences
- For the first time newspapers are carrying articles which ask openly about the future of the regime.
- An article in a newspaper or professional journal may suggest an issue for research.
- The Times newspaper also ran articles about a report of a massacre seven months earlier.
- 1.1The organization responsible for producing a particular newspaper.More example sentences
- The votes have been subjected to several recounts by newspapers and other organizations.
- A responsible newspaper would not reduce this to a cheap campaign to get more readers.
- Indeed, some modern newspapers and book publishers could do with harder editors.
- 1.2 another term for newsprint.