- The SI unit of force. It is equal to the force that would give a mass of one kilogram an acceleration of one meter per second per second, and is equivalent to 100,000 dynes.More example sentences
- Timber can usually soften and take about 100 kilograms, 1,000 newtons per square centimetre.
- A newton has a mass unit of kilograms and an acceleration unit of meters squared per second.
- Both are units of force, but one pound-force is equal to 4.45 newtons.
early 20th century: named after Newton, Sir Isaac.
More definitions of NewtonDefinition of newton in:
- The British & World English dictionary