Definition of nib in English:
1The pointed end part of a pen, which distributes the ink on the writing surface.
- Writing was done with nibs fitted into a pen holder.
- An angled nib means the writer can always see the writing - a particular boon for left-handers - and the hand stays in a better position, the inventor claims.
- At this, Ian pressed his pen so hard into the surface of the paper that he broke his nib.
2 (nibs) Shelled and crushed coffee or cocoa beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the cacao nibs and brown sugar.
- Add the cocoa nibs and 5-spice powder while stirring constantly to coat.
- When she asked what it was, I responded ‘Homemade marshmallows, roasted peanuts and cocoa nibs enrobed in dark chocolate’, a dark mood crossed her face.
Words that rhyme with nibbib, crib, dib, fib, glib, jib, lib, rib, sib, snib, squib
Definition of nib in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan