Definition of nib in English:
1The pointed end part of a pen, which distributes the ink on the writing surface.
- Writing was done with nibs fitted into a pen holder.
- An angled nib means the writer can always see the writing - a particular boon for left-handers - and the hand stays in a better position, the inventor claims.
- At this, Ian pressed his pen so hard into the surface of the paper that he broke his nib.
2 (nibs) Shelled and crushed coffee or cocoa beans.
- In a small bowl, combine the cacao nibs and brown sugar.
- Add the cocoa nibs and 5-spice powder while stirring constantly to coat.
- When she asked what it was, I responded ‘Homemade marshmallows, roasted peanuts and cocoa nibs enrobed in dark chocolate’, a dark mood crossed her face.
Definition of nib in:
- British & World English dictionary