Definition of nibbler in English:
1A person who habitually nibbles at food.
- Miss Lucy is something of a desultory eater - a nibbler, as it were - which means that mealtime can take upwards of forty-five minutes.
- In fact, the portion was so small that I had to revert to an old trick to discourage other nibblers: coughing on the food.
- The menu caters to nibblers and hearty appetites alike.
2A cutting tool in which a rapidly reciprocating punch knocks out a line of overlapping small holes from a metal sheet.
- For instance, I have a Zeith four-in-one clam bucket, and I can run any kind of hammer, drill, turn a 360 rotation, run a nibbler, drive piles.
- Drill a starter hole and use a hand nibbler like the Klein 76011B Nibbler Tool.
Words that rhyme with nibblerdribbler, quibbler, scribbler
Definition of nibbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.