Definition of nibbler in English:
1A person who habitually nibbles at food.
- Miss Lucy is something of a desultory eater - a nibbler, as it were - which means that mealtime can take upwards of forty-five minutes.
- In fact, the portion was so small that I had to revert to an old trick to discourage other nibblers: coughing on the food.
- The menu caters to nibblers and hearty appetites alike.
2A cutting tool in which a rapidly reciprocating punch knocks out a line of overlapping small holes from a metal sheet.
- For instance, I have a Zeith four-in-one clam bucket, and I can run any kind of hammer, drill, turn a 360 rotation, run a nibbler, drive piles.
- Drill a starter hole and use a hand nibbler like the Klein 76011B Nibbler Tool.
Words that rhyme with nibblerdribbler, quibbler, scribbler
Definition of nibbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan