nounGolf , • dated
- An iron with a heavy, lofted head, such as a nine-iron, used especially for playing out of bunkers.More example sentences
- Poile, who had grown up on Wodehouse's golfing yarns, discovered that the modern game was not just about irons and niblicks.
- ‘The history of clubs is evolutionary,’ he contends, ‘from niblicks to muscle-back blades to cavity backs to now this.’
- I cannot believe I am old enough to have played with a niblick, but I did.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of niblickDefinition of niblick in:
- The British & World English dictionary