- 1In a pleasant, agreeable, or attractive manner: nicely dressed in flowered cottonMore example sentences
- The sauce was pleasant and the garlic nicely roasted, but the flavours were sleepwalking.
- The next singer is Ngaiire Joseph who was dressed much more nicely than last time when she appeared in a tablecloth.
- She too was dressed in a gorgeous lacy yellow dress which contrasted nicely with her long, silky black hair.
- 1.1Satisfactorily; perfectly well: we’re doing very nicely nowMore example sentences
- I think that would nicely satisfy all of the above criteria, stylistically.
- His nicely designed and satisfyingly content-rich website should help me to educate myself.
- All you want to do now, apart from sip wanly at the dregs of that satisfying Shiraz, is stump upstairs and crash into a nicely turned down bed.