Definition of night-blooming cereus in English:
A tropical climbing cactus with aerial roots and heavily scented flowers that open only at night and are typically pollinated by bats.
- Genera Hylocereus and Selenicereus, family Cactaceae: several species, in particular H. undatus
- I had seen one in bloom in the Exotic Items Collection of the SNW National Botanical Gardens: the rare night-blooming cereus.
- The night-blooming cereus likes dappled shade in the summer and a sunny window in the winter.
- From time to time, night-blooming cereus that is growing in pots will need to be repotted.
Definition of night-blooming cereus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan