Definition of night heron in English:
A small short-necked heron that is active mainly at night.
- Genus Nycticorax, family Ardeidae: several species
- At the pond there were a few white-winged terns, a black-crowned night heron, a purple swamphen, and some blue-cheeked bee-eaters.
- A pond near an amphitheater from Alexander the Great's time had a black-crowned night heron, a few little egrets, pied kingfishers and black-winged stilts.
- One of Wingate's biggest successes, paradoxically, involves the introduction of a non-native: the yellow-crowned night heron.
Definition of night heron in:
- British & World English dictionary